The question of buying vs renting comes up a lot with residents. When it comes to renting or buying your water heater, both options are great, but it depends on your needs. Normally, homeowners replace their old water heater with one of the same type that runs on the same fuel—natural gas or electricity. Converting from a tank water heater to a tankless can be costly. But if you’re building a new home or adding to an existing one, installing a tankless water heater may make economic sense.
The Benefits of Buying Your Water Heater
- You have the choice to buy an eco-friendly water heater, which means long-term savings on bills
- Ideal for homeowners planning on staying in the same house for a long time
- Provides added home value
- Reduce operating and maintenance costs
- You can also purchase a tankless heater