Dust, dirt, and other particulates can affect the performance and efficiency of your home’s heating system, which can cause your utility bills to rise. Let us dive in to know the benefits of Furnace Maintenance & Tune-Up. A professional heating oil furnace tune-up removes the dirt and assures all components are in good working order, which means better heating performance and lower heating costs. The main benefits of a professional heating system tune-up are:
1) It reduces the risk of heating system failure
2) It improves the system’s efficiency.
3) It minimizes the possibility of needing crucial repair
“What does a professional heating system tune-up include?”
A professional furnace tune-up and inspection are necessary for any heating system. Keep all tune-up records as proof because these records may be required if you have to file a warranty claim. A trained technician has the knowledge and potential to recognize problems before they cause a system failure and understands safety protocols. The following are the tasks that a professional should complete:
1) Clean the heating unit of dirt and dust that impacts performance.
2) Check the thermostat settings to guarantee they are energy-efficient.
3) Re-set the system’s specifications if needed, according to the manufacturer’s suggestions and check all safety components, like the limit controls.
4) Check all electrical relations, motors and controls for adequate function.
5) Examines the oil connections, pressure and burner combustion.
6) Check vents, drafts and flues for leaks because problems can affect your heating efficiency.
7) Do a safety inspection of the heat exchanger.
8) Check the hydronic system for leaks.
9) look for airflow.
10) Check the condensate drain.
“When is the best time to schedule a furnace or boiler tune-up?
April and August is the best time to schedule a heating system tune-up. Also, it’s the perfect time to think about preventative heating system maintenance. There are some advantages of planning your heating system tune-up in the spring and summer months rather than the fall. Such as:
1) It is time for repairs.
2)It can be an early warning
3)Its convenience and availability.
“Heating system tips for the homeowner”
One of the easiest things a homeowner can do to help maintain equipment efficiency is changing or cleaning the unit’s air filter regularly if your home is heated with a warm air furnace. And replacing the filter every three months is suggested if you use a disposable fibre glass air filter. Your home’s furnace filter may need more frequent replacement if:
1) Smoking is allowed in your home
2) Someone is suffering from allergies or respiratory conditions in the home
3) Your house has a fireplace or wood stove, which is used often
4) The area you live suffers wildfires
5) The heating system runs for six months or longer
If the air filter is damaged or damp, change it because it can result in mould growth; never forget to turn the thermostat to heating mode when the temperatures begin to drop and test the heating system in September to guarantee it turns on properly.
Give us a call to inquire more about Furnace Maintenance & Tune-Up repairs in GTA today. Concord HVAC & Plumbing serves both residential and commercial clients.